Friday, August 3, 2012

The Steeple Chase

Now tell me, if your daughter told you that a former student of the school where my son-in-law teaches was at the Olympics and would compete Friday in the Steeple Chase, where in the schedule would you look? The Equestrian List, right?

After searching the list for a while, with no luck in finding it, I decided to use the search box. Now why would I think it was a Track and Field Event! Here are men taking the place of the horse - jumping hurdles and water pools. My grandsons have been in track meets and I have never heard of this before. Not in this context. The closest I have been to a Steeple Chase is while reading Dick Francis books, which include murder and mayhem in the world of racing in England!

Now that I had found it, I watched the video of the Olympic trials which he won. And found the results of his first preliminary race where he is second. Congrats to Evan and good luck as you go for the gold!

Note to self: You are watching way too much Olympic coverage!

Check out the photograph at the bottom of the page!