Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Good Intentions

Met with my girl friends for coffee as usual this morning. I had good intentions of eating well - an asiago bagel (not too many carbs) and low-fat cream cheese (morning protein) along with my juice of choice, Hazelnut coffee! Nice, sensible choices.

So we enjoyed our breakfast and shared two weeks worth of catching up (one of us, not me, spent last week with her family having fun at her cabin). Not that I didn't have fun - I was watching facebook for photos of my brand new great-granddaughter! (I meet her tomorrow.)

But, I digress. About an hour into our intense conversation, a lovely girl on staff at the coffee shop came by offering free samples of their different flavor danish. Of course I had to try one, infact mine had a small slice of apple, cheese filling and one cherry, so I got to taste all three flavors! Now, there went my good intentions.

But, wait there's more! About an hour after that (I know, about now you are wondering what we have to talk about for two hours) another lovely young lady came by and sweetly said, "Would you care to try our new coffee cake?" Not wanting to offend her, "Of course", I said. So after that the only thing left to do was plan to start with the good intentions "tomorrow" when I see Penelope for the first time!