Sunday, January 27, 2019

A Long Cold Winter

Yes, I know  - winter in Northern Illinois starts at Thanksgiving and doesn't end until sometime in March. Our temps are in the low 30's down to 10 below and we usually get a couple of feet of snow. But, every winter is long and cold, now. Now meaning when my bones ache from the slightest change in temp, or chilly wind that blows, or snowstorm that comes rolling through!

Now when summer comes you hear the same complaints but because of the heat and humidity! So if you haven't figured it our yet, Spring and Fall are my favorite times of year. Easy to get out and about, the aches disappear for a while, and the air is fresh and crisp and sweet!

So what do I do on long winter days? I read, write, research and watch TV while the snow falls and the winds blow. Of course, I can do it all under a nice fleece blanket, with a cup of coffee by my side.

I do make an occasional trip to the grocery or drug store and to have lunch with friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment